Friday, December 17, 2010

$2610 and counting!

Thanks to all of you, we've raised $2610 thus far for my Drown Me in Donations Pulmonary Fibrosis fundraiser!

I am happy to report that the donations are far outstripping my ability to swim that far. After being on the road (or recuperating from delayed flights) this week, I did manage to swim for 45 minutes this morning. 

While I was swimming today, another 493 people were diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis. It certainly does not make for happy holidays to be given less than five years to live, during which time you will watch your quality of life diminish greatly as you struggle harder and harder to breathe.

Please help me and the Coalition for Pulmonary Fibrosis help the patients and families affected by this deadly disease. If you've already donated or can't afford to do so, please pass along this link to your friends. Raising awareness about this disease is the next best thing to raising money!

Thanks,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment